Training Director – Opportunity Available!
The KML Carpenters Training Fund has initiated the search for a new Director. This position is expected to work under the leadership of the Executive Director and accept the following responsibilities: direct supervision of instructors, administrative staff, and apprentices including management of all training center activity associated with apprentice training, program-related advising, scheduling, curriculum evaluation, recruiting, and evaluation of instructors.
Additionally, this position will be required to collaborate with the Supervisor of Instruction and participate in program development and implementation for apprenticeships as well as journeymen upgrade programs. This environment is fast-paced with frequent twists and turns on a daily basis, phone and computer usage is expected, as well as hands-on shop activity.
– Knowledge of varied aspects of career technical skills and adult education.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to unite and lead teams
– Strong organizational skills working with groups to implement programs
– Certified Journeyman – United Brotherhood of Carpenters
– Minimum 8000 hours field experience with 3000 hours in a supervisory role.
– Minimum 3 years of experience as an instructor in a UBC training center, preferred.
– Advanced formal training in CITF professional development programs.
If you or someone you know may be interested, please email your resume and why you may be the best candidate for the job to Elynch@ncatf.org
Link to the job posting.