The Carpenters Joint Apprenticeship Committee of Philadelphia & Vicinity is looking to continue its long tradition of training a qualified workforce that is prepared to ensure the most challenging construction projects can be completed safely and ahead of schedule. The JAC has been designed to help create many skilled craftspeople for our evolving workforce. It is essential for us to help others attain a successful career path with the highest quality instruction in the construction industry.
Your role as an instructor can and will be an extremely influential one. You are the key instrument on which the environment in your classroom and shop rises to meet the expectations of your students. Understand that you set the tone for the students’ first experience as a UBC apprentice. We work as a team and support all efforts of the training center. You will need to cross-train to aid in efficient time management and support fellow instructors.
With the support of your Training Director, Coordinator, and staff, you will work as a major part of a team in a fast-paced and task-oriented training environment. You will mainly work in our local training center in Philadelphia, PA. Travel, to our other training centers but not limited to, in general, is a requirement of the job.
Qualifications and Skills
– Candidates must be a current UBC Journeymen in good standing
– A graduate of the Carpenters JAC is strongly recommended
– Minimum of 10 years of well-rounded UBC experience in the respective trade
– Foreman or superintendent experience recommended
– Strong leadership and presentation skills are critical as well as the ability to connect with students and create a positive and efficient learning environment for all students
– Familiarization with MS Office
– Fully COVID Vaccinated
– UBC Qualifications and Certifications are a plus
– Expert knowledge in, but not limited to, Vertical Concrete Systems, Layout Technologies (Total Station), Interior Systems, Scaffolding, OSHA Safety as well as Door & Hardware
All interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume with references no later than June 17th, 2022 to:
Carpenters Joint Apprenticeship Committee of Philadelphia & Vicinity
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Training Director Robert Landy